As a commercial roofing company in Longwood, Florida, WeatherShield Roofing Group takes local commercial roofing jobs from a variety of clients. Our website helps us generate leads so that we can serve as many customers as possible.
In the old days, roofers would have to chase down leads with outbound marketing strategies. While there is undoubtedly still merit in outdoor advertising and door-to-door tactics, they are certainly not the most effective means for roofing lead generation in 2021.
Consumer habits have changed, and the way people hear about businesses has changed. People get information on roofing contractors using new methods introduced through digital innovation. The whole lead generation dynamic has shifted, and to keep up, modern tactics need to be employed.
That’s why today’s post is all about roofing lead generation in the digital era. Read on to find out how to earn more leads this year and beyond.
Online Reviews are Gold
Remember word of mouth referrals? Online reviews are the new word of mouth referrals. Consider the following statistic: 91% of millennials rely on online reviews for insight into companies they think of patronizing.
How do you get more online reviews for your roofing company, though? Here are some tried and true methods:
- Register your roofing company on Google My Business
- Create profiles on review sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, and Houzz
- Be sure to request reviews from customers in person after a job well done
- Follow up with customers via email 1-2 days after a project is complete
- Include a link to your review sites in any email you send to customers
- Use a professional reputation management tool like BrandREVU
Search Engine Optimization
Your roofing website should be a lead magnet. For your website to generate a healthy volume of leads, search engines need to be optimized. SEO is the process of increasing your site’s visibility by getting it to rank higher on Google, Bing, and other search engines. Here are some basic SEO questions you should be asking about your site:
- Is it easy to navigate?
- Is NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) information accurate and consistent throughout?
- Does it provide the information that most of your customers usually inquire about?
- Are you using roofing keywords naturally and consistently throughout the content?
- Do you have high-quality images on it?
Of course, this is just the beginning of SEO, but answering these questions will start you out on a firm foundation.
Blogging goes hand-in-hand with optimizing your website for roofing lead generation. The idea is to provide something of value to potential customers so that:
- A) They will be incentivized to visit your website in the first place and
- B) They will come away with something of value so that they are more likely to become customers
Think about some of the most common questions you hear as a roofer and build blog content centered around answering these questions. Make sure to do your keyword research and insert your target keywords into the blog content.
Social Media Activity
If you haven’t created social media accounts for your company on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok, doing so should be a high priority. Be sure to post often and engage your followers to help drum up new leads. High-quality pictures, funny gifs, how-to videos, questionnaires, announcements of new services or service areas are great ways to connect with potential customers.
Of course, the best way to earn more customers is to do quality roofing work. That is what our company does. For roof replacement services you can depend on, reach out to us.